We are expanding our friendly team and are looking for volunteer leaders in the community to help teach a positive body image program to youth. If you have ever thought, “I can imagine how hard it must be to grow up surrounded by social media” or “I wish someone had told me that when I was younger?” or “I would love to help the next generation become more confident” then this job may be right for you! Free To Be Talks is looking for friendly, engaging and empathetic people to facilitate our research-based positive body image program. This is an excellent opportunity to gain research experience and leadership and teaching skills while positively impacting youth.
- Lead classroom groups of boys and girls (grade 6-8 primarily) through our research-based positive body image curriculum
- Attend meetings and training sessions to become well-versed in curriculum
- Assist in contacting schools to inform them about the program
- Help implement the program in local schools
- Collect surveys from students to assist in program development
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to monitor sensitive group dynamics
- Comfort in leading youth
- Knowledge of group dynamics (asset but not required)
- Bachelors degree in Psychology/Social Work/Education or other helping profession (Working on or completed, and bachelor degree is an asset but not required)
- 6 months (You can definitely take vacations and time off!)
- Monday to Friday, flexible hours. Will have to coordinate with schools timetable schedule and your schedule to determine when programs can be run.
Looking for leaders who can work in schools in Vancouver, Langley, Abbotsford, or Chilliwack. If this sounds like something you would love to be a part of, please submit your resume and an introduction or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org